Cryptocurrencies have gained a big quantity of consideration lately, and it’s no shock that celebrities have jumped on the bandwagon. Whereas some have embraced the world of crypto with open arms, others have determined to steer clear. On this article, we’ll take a complete take a look at which celebrities joined and left the crypto craze in 2022.
Celebrities Who Have Embraced Crypto in 2022
- Paris Hilton: The socialite and businesswoman made headlines in 2022 when she introduced that she was stepping into crypto. Hilton revealed that she had invested in a variety of totally different cryptocurrencies and even began her personal crypto challenge known as Paris Hilton Coin. In an interview with CNBC, Hilton said that she noticed nice potential within the crypto area and was excited to be part of it.
- Floyd Mayweather Jr.: The retired boxer has at all times been identified for his love of luxurious, and it appears like he’s discovered a brand new strategy to bask in it: by investing in crypto. Mayweather has been vocal about his assist for cryptocurrencies and has even endorsed a variety of ICOs (preliminary coin choices). In a tweet, Mayweather said that he was “all in” on crypto and inspired his followers to become involved as nicely.
- Gwyneth Paltrow: The actress and wellness guru shocked many when she revealed that she was a fan of crypto. Paltrow has been vocal about her assist for bitcoin and has even participated in a bitcoin-themed episode of her hit present “Goop Lab.” In an interview with Forbes, Paltrow said that she noticed crypto as a “fascinating” and “revolutionary” know-how that had the potential to vary the world.
- Kim Kardashian West: The fact TV star and sweetness mogul shocked many when she introduced that she was stepping into crypto. Kardashian West revealed that she had invested in a variety of totally different cryptocurrencies and was excited concerning the potentialities that the know-how provided. In a tweet, Kardashian West said that she was “studying a lot” about crypto and inspired her followers to do their very own analysis.
- Elon Musk: The tech entrepreneur and CEO of SpaceX and Tesla made headlines in 2022 when he introduced that he was a fan of crypto. Musk has been vocal about his assist for bitcoin and has even advised that it might change into a viable foreign money for transactions on his firms’ platforms. In a tweet, Musk said that he believed that crypto had the potential to “assist facilitate a extra environment friendly financial system.”
Celebrities Who Have Stepped Away from Crypto in 2022
- Jamie Foxx: In 2022, the actor and comic introduced that he was distancing himself from the crypto world. Foxx had beforehand endorsed a variety of ICOs and had even hosted a crypto-themed celebration, however he introduced that he was now not comfy with the area. In a press release, Foxx said that he had change into involved concerning the lack of regulation within the crypto business and didn’t need to be related to any potential scams.
- 50 Cent: The rapper made headlines in 2014 when it was revealed that he had by accident made thousands and thousands by accepting bitcoin as fee for his album “Animal Ambition.” Nevertheless, it appears like 50 Cent has since modified his tune on crypto. In 2022, he revealed that he had bought all of his bitcoin and was now not within the area. In an interview with CNBC, 50 Cent said that he had “misplaced religion” within the crypto business and didn’t need to be related to it any longer.
- Mark Cuban: The entrepreneur and “Shark Tank” star was as soon as a vocal supporter of crypto, however in 2022, he introduced that he had soured on the area. Cuban cited the shortage of regulation and the potential for scams as the explanations for his change of coronary heart. In an interview with Forbes, Cuban said that whereas he believed that blockchain know-how had the potential to be disruptive, he was not satisfied that cryptocurrencies have been a great funding.
- Neil Younger: The rock legend made headlines in 2022 when he introduced that he was now not desirous about crypto. Younger had beforehand endorsed a cryptocurrency known as Maonocoin, which was meant for use for buying merchandise and tickets for his live shows. Nevertheless, Younger introduced that he was discontinuing using Maonocoin and could be specializing in different fee strategies. In a press release, Younger cited the shortage of regulation and the potential for fraud as the explanations for his determination.
- Jamie Dimon: The CEO of JPMorgan Chase was as soon as a vocal critic of bitcoin, however lately, he had softened his stance considerably. Nevertheless, in 2022, Dimon introduced that he was as soon as once more bearish on the crypto market. In an interview with CNBC, Dimon said that he believed that cryptocurrencies have been “not actual” and have been getting used for nefarious functions.
As we are able to see, the world of crypto is at all times altering, and it’s not shocking that celebrities’ opinions on the matter can change as nicely. Whereas some have had nice success with their crypto investments, others have determined to steer clear. Regardless, it’s protected to say that the crypto craze is right here to remain and can proceed to draw the eye of celebrities and on a regular basis traders alike.