Running a website or online business requires a wide range of services, tools and technology necessary to keep everything running smoothly. This includes hosting services that carve out your site’s niche on the internet, domain names that help users find your site and servers to keep its contents securely stored.
Most of these services are available on a subscription basis, and as Bitcoin has grown in popularity as a trusted and secure form of payment, a number of these companies have begun accepting cryptocurrency in exchange for the support, security, and other services they provide.
BitPay’s partners in the web services space make it easy to spend crypto to get and keep your website or online business up and running.
Web services you can pay for with Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency
Buy web hosting with Bitcoin
Web hosting is like your website’s home, and it’s what makes your site accessible to visitors. Hosts provide storage space to hold a website’s content, as well as tools to publish new content.
Buy domain names/existing domains with Bitcoin
If web hosting is your website’s home, its domain is kind of like its address. It’s a unique identifier, ideally easily remembered, which users can type into their web browser to reach your site. Whether purchasing a brand new domain name or buying one from its existing owner, buying a domain with crypto is easy.
Pay for servers with crypto
The bigger and more popular a website gets, the more storage space it needs to accommodate its content and other component files. Servers provide the infrastructure, either physical or cloud-based, for storing, processing and delivering your online content. Whether you're looking to buy dedicated servers with Bitcoin or pay cloud servers with another cryptocurrency, plenty of server companies accept crypto straight from your crypto wallet for fast, easy and low fee payments.
Pay for VPN services with crypto
Short for virtual private network, a VPN service allows internet users to safeguard their privacy by creating a secure, anonymous network connection that sits between their device and the public internet. Many of our partner VPN services accept Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency for secure, anonymous payments.
How to pay for hosting, domain names and other web services with Bitcoin/crypto
Pay directly from your crypto wallet
A growing number of popular web services providers accept direct Bitcoin/crypto payments via BitPay. Simply select BitPay as your payment method at checkout then complete the transaction as you would any other purchase. Our Merchant Directory includes a variety of hosting, server and VPN services you can pay for with crypto.
Some of the best web services that accept crypto payments include:
- AltusHost provides Business Web Hosting, VPS Hosting, Reseller Hosting, and Dedicated Servers in Europe (Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Serbia)
- HOSTKEY provides custom, dedicated servers for a range of performance needs, from entry-level options to the very latest high-performance GPU servers and private cloud solutions.
- Express VPN is the leading name in VPN services, offering reliable and secure private browsing from anywhere in the world.
- Namecheap provides domain names, hosting, and a number of other web services, making it a one-stop-shop for creating and powering a successful website.
- Vultr let's you easily deploy cloud servers, bare metal, and storage worldwide.
- Private Internet Access VPN is 2022's top-rated VPN service – with ultra-fast speeds, worldwide streaming servers, and 100% open-source software.
- Gandi gives you the power to manage your websites, your emails, your SSL certificates, and VPS servers.
- CyberGhost VPN offers top privacy for all devices, Windows, iOS, Mac, Android, or Linux.
- FrootVPN offers a high speed, easy to use and encrypted VPN so you can be secure in browsing the web from anywhere.
Use the BitPay card to pay for web services
Even if the services you want to use for your website don’t accept cryptocurrency payments directly, you can still spend your Bitcoin and over a dozen other cryptocurrencies as easily as cash with the BitPay crypto debit card.
Start by downloading the BitPay app and loading it with Bitcoin or the cryptocurrency of your choice. From there it only takes a few minutes to apply for the card, and once you’re approved you’re ready to start spending your crypto anywhere Mastercard is accepted. You’ll receive a virtual card instantly, and a physical card can be mailed to you.
The BitPay Card can be used at millions of merchants around the world, including many popular web services providers. But it’s not just a seamless and secure method of spending your cryptocurrency at the world’s top merchants. It’s also loaded with useful features, from instant reloads to contactless payments, PIN, Google Pay and Apple Pay compatibility, and even cash withdrawals from compatible ATMs.
Which cryptocurrencies can I use to pay for hosting/domains/servers?
Not all web services providers accept direct crypto payments, and options may vary among those that do. BitPay allows hosting/domain/VPN companies to accept direct crypto payments with Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB), Litecoin (LTC), XRP (XRP), Dai (DAI), Wrapped bitcoin (WBTC), Gemini USD (GUSD), USD Coin (USDC) and Binance USD (BUSD).
Which wallets can I use to pay for hosting/domains/servers?
BitPay and its partner merchants support a diverse array of cryptocurrency wallets, including the BitPay wallet, Trezor, Electrum, Ledger, Coinbase, Kraken, Bitcoin Core, Trust Wallet and nearly 100 more. See all the wallets BitPay supports here.