The holiday season is well underway, but that hasn’t slowed down the exciting news in the crypto world or at BitPay. In fact, we’re launching even more partners that you can start shopping with this holiday season. Additionally, you don’t want to miss this month’s merchant spotlight, Eight Sleep, and details on their recent rebate program. Looking for Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals? Check out what we will be sharing with you so you can save on the best deals on the hottest items!
In This Issue:
BitPay in the Spotlight
- The adoption of cryptocurrency at point of sale continues to rise, making it easier for consumers to shop with the crypto of their choice. Check out what our VP of Marketing, Merrick Theobald, has to say on the topic.
- Watch the latest panel discussion from PYMNTS as BitPay CEO, Stephen Pair, chats with PacSun and Verifone on why the major retailer made the decision to accept crypto payments.
- Three days after the Litecoin Foundation tweeted about the launch of its LTC Visa debit card and one day after they tweeted about the BitPay and Verifone partnership, the number of LTC transactions rebounded to over 140,000 compared to close to 100,000 in October.
Other Industry News
Check out the latest in the Crypto World and the battle between Miami and NYC to be the crypto capital:
- The New York mayor-elect, Eric Adams, wants NYC to be the center of the crypto world. He’s vowed to take his first 3 paychecks in bitcoin!
- In other East Coast news, Miami Mayor Francis Suarez has stated that Miami is “going to be the first city in America to give a bitcoin yield as a dividend directly to its residents.” Read more here.
- Bitcoin and Ethereum have hit a record all-time high and Bitcoin is expected to continue growing.
- With the cryptocurrency market now worth over $3 Trillion, CNBC has highlighted the top 5 recent crypto stories.
- A recent technical analysis has found that Bitcoin will hit $90k in the coming weeks. Learn more about the findings here.
BitPay Bids Welcome to New Businesses
Check out our newest BitPay partners! Now you can buy wine from Argentina, race high-performance sports cars, donate your crypto to change a life, and more. We are so happy to have them join the BitPay family!
- Handofgodwines.com – Argentinian Winemaker Helping Create Memorable Moments (Email Billing)
- Rahal Ducati Indianapolis – Leading Ducati Dealer (Email Billing)
- RM Sothebys – Leading Classic Car Auction Company (Email Billing)
- Sea-watch.org – Nonprofit Focused on Civil Search and Rescue Operations (Hosted Donations)
- Spring Mountain Motorsports – Performance Driving School and Country Club (Email Billing)
- Wounded Warrior Project – Leading Charity and Veterans Service Organization (Hosted Donations)
BitPay Merchant Spotlight: Eight Sleep
Ready to invest in your sleep with the #1 cooling and heating mattress? Look no further than this month’s merchant spotlight, Eight Sleep. They’ve got something for everyone on your list and have even unlocked Black Friday deals early! Regardless of whether you shop their Black Friday deals now or later, you can always buy their products with Bitcoin, ETH or any other BitPay supported cryptocurrency.
They also recently completed a rebate campaign where they offered customers the opportunity to invest in more than just their sleep. Anyone who purchased their purchased their Pod Pro or Pod Pro Cover within the promotion timeframe regardless of payment method (ACH, BitPay, Credit Card, PayPal,…), received a $150 rebate in crypto through BitPay Send (BitPay’s payout product)! This limited-time rebate campaign was an investment customers could not pass up.
BitPay Merchant Shout-outs
- New BitPay merchant and leading Private Jet Charter company Luna Jets for taking off and soaring high in their crypto sales. Maybe it has something to do with their very informative crypto payments landing page?
- RM Sotheby’s for using BitPay Email Billing at their event this weekend. RM Sotheby’s is honored to present a single-owner collection comprised of 75 of the finest racing and road cars in the world, offered entirely without reserve. The Guikas Collection, to be sold at Paul Ricard Circuit in France in November 2021, presents pedigrees spanning from the endurance racing of the 24 Hours of the Le Mans to the world stage of Formula One and nearly everything in between. The collection of race cars will provide modern racing enthusiasts an introduction into virtually all vintage racing series worldwide, including GT and road cars that are equally impressive which offer a wide selection of Pre- and Post War sports cars.
BitPay Charitable Spotlight: Wounded Warrior Project
The Wounded Warrior project is dedicated to ensuring positive futures for veterans and active duty service members through mental and physical wellness programs, financial education, career counseling, and more. They offer a wide variety of services because every warrior has unique challenges and goals.
You now have the opportunity to donate crypto to support these free, life-changing programs and services for our wounded warriors. However, making a donation isn’t the only way to make an impact. You can also host a fundraiser or share warriors’ stories on your social media.
BitPay Charitable Spotlight: Montefiore Health Systems
Montefiore Health System, one of New York’s premier academic health systems, is a recognized leader in providing exceptional quality and personalized, accountable care to approximately three million people in communities across the Bronx, Westchester, and the Hudson Valley. It is comprised of 10 hospitals, including the Children’s Hospital at Montefiore, Burke Rehabilitation Hospital, and more than 200 outpatient ambulatory care sites. The advanced clinical and translational research at its medical school, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, directly informs patient care and improves outcomes. From the Montefiore-Einstein Centers of Excellence in cancer, cardiology and vascular care, pediatrics, and transplantation, to its preeminent school-based health program, Montefiore and Einstein is a fully integrated healthcare delivery system providing coordinated, comprehensive care to patients and their families.
Word of the Month: Bitcoin ETF
Investors can now buy into Bitcoin without using a cryptocurrency exchange through Bitcoin ETFs. These exchange-traded funds track Bitcoin’s value, but instead of trading on cryptocurrency exchanges, they trade on traditional market exchanges. This long-awaited investment fund tracks the price of Bitcoin, which is traded daily.
Product Spotlight: BitPay Donations
BitPay has eliminated the complication of accepting contributions on the blockchain for nonprofit organizations to allow supporters around the globe to easily donate. Embed a donation button on your website or let BitPay host a donation page through your merchant dashboard. You’re only one application away from collecting donations for your nonprofit.
Marketing Spotlight: Bitcoin Black Friday
For Black Friday and Cyber Monday, BitPay will be promoting some incredible merchants and their fantastic deals through pressers, email, socials, a special directory, and the BitPay blog! Make sure to stay up to date and share these great deals with family and friends.
- Ace Jewelers – 20% off selected luxury watches and jewelry when you Pay with BitPay. Use code: BF2021BitP@y [11/24 – 11/30]
- APMEX – No fees. Get the cash price when you Pay with BitPay! [11/29 only]
- ATHEIST Shoes – Get 10% off THE most comfortable shoes in the known universe. Use code: HandmadeComfy [Ends 12/16]
- European Mint – Get 15% discount on all collectibles and supplies. Use code: FRIDAY15 [Ends 11/29]
- DrinkOaza.com – It’s no COINcidence — coffee and crypto are meant to be. From 11/22 to 11/29, Oaza is selling delicious, hydrating coffee for 25% off regular prices. [Continental US only]
- Fast Private Jet – Buy a €500 e-Fast Gift Card, and FPJ will upgrade it to €1000 at no additional charge! [11/25 – 11/30]
- HOSTKEY – Enjoy 10% discount on instant dedicated servers in the Netherlands, the USA and Russia when you Pay with BitPay. [11/26 – 11/28]
- Jomashop.com – Take an extra $70 off $1,000 when you Pay with BitPay. Use code: BITPAYBF70 [11/26-11/28]
- Newegg – Save 20% on select orders over $500 when you Pay with BitPay. (Max discount $200 per order and limited to AE, AU, IL, KW, SA, and UK). [Ends 11/29]
- Pacsun – Varying daily promotions everyone is sure to enjoy. Check back daily for specific promotion details. [11/19 – 11/30]
- Sonic Electronix – Enter to win a Car Audio Package upgrade and a $100 Sonic Electronix gift card! [11/19 – 12/10]
- Wrist Aficionado – Save $300 sitewide on all products $10,000 or greater. Use code: BLACKFRIDAY2021 [Ends 11/26]
Did You Know?
Buyers can now purchase their home with Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Pacaso continues to demonstrate its industry leadership by anticipating the needs of a global customer base with diverse financial portfolios.
Pacaso Home of The Month: Plaza del Sur
Cost: $840,000 for 1/8 ownership
Address: 1703 Plaza Del Sur, Newport Beach, CA
Just minutes from Balboa Pier Beach, this completely renovated and redesigned 4-bedroom, 4.5-bath home makes a perfect coastal retreat. Perched on a corner lot, the three-story home is filled with light, relaxing spaces to enjoy with family and friends. Topping it off is an expansive rooftop deck with stunning ocean views. Enjoy a sunset stroll on the beach and stop by one of the fire rings to warm yourself on a cool evening.
BitPay Coin Polls
Got a favorite BitPay supported cryptocurrency? Tell us which coin you prefer most and see how it ranks amongst other cryptocurrencies by voting here.
We’re always looking to innovate and expand our product. Let us know which coin(s) you want us to support next.
Forrester Study Shows Accepting Crypto Attracts New Customers & Boosts AOV
A commissioned study for BitPay from Forrester Research confirmed what merchants are already discovering in real-life practice: that businesses adopting bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as payment methods experience, on average, 40% more customers, a twofold increase in order values, and fewer chargebacks, among many other benefits.